Online Marketing Strategy
If you sell your music online you should consider users’ experience with the Internet, which nowadays should play a central role in the communications plan of every company.
While dealing with Internet communications and online marketing, two basic points should be considered:
1) Monitor experience
- Quantity of information that appears on your screen
- Visual elements
2) Internet experience
- As the user is confronted with a very fast medium, it is important that the information be either:
- brand new or
- up-to-date or at least still
- 24/7 & 365 days/year
- fast / slow connection
- the quantity of data you have access to is practically unlimited
- everybody can publish anything at any time
Online communications are nothing but an additional way to convey messages to your target group(s). Basically, while working on a new web page or online affiliate marketing, you should ask yourself the same questions when you produce a brochure or when you plan an advertising campaign:
- Key messages
- What are your competitors doing?
When planning your online activities, the very same elements for online activities should be taken into consideration, i.e.
- Target group(s)
- Strategic elements
- Content, including:
- Interactivity with your target group(s)
- Integration with other communications channels (adverts, brochures, radio, TV, etc.)
The basic difference from a conventional brochure, radio spot or advert is that a web page, adword, etc. needs constant updating and changing. An advantage (a fast way to convey a message) can easily become a nightmare if your messages are not constantly updated. A motto like "less is more" is of paramount importance. Pages and messages should be structured in a way that interactivity for further details is encouraged.
This a clear advantage of working with online instruments. Detailed evaluations of your visitors are possible including:
- Daily, weekly, monthly visitors
- Most visited pages
- Visitors via referrers, incl. search engines
- Website referrers
- Geo tracking
- Browsers used
- Key words
Here are some interesting publications that might help you in your online marketing activities.
- Damian Ryan - Understanding Digital Marketing
- Ryan Deiss & Russ Henneberry - Digital Marketing For Dummies
- Philip Kotler, Hermawan Kartajaya, Iwan Setiawan - Marketing 4.0: Moving from Traditional to Digital